Nestled in the heart of Conway, South Carolina, and near Myrtle Beach, the Coastal Carolina University baseball team has a rich history that boasts a spirited fanbase. From relatively humble beginnings, Coastal Carolina has become a college baseball powerhouse, winning the College World Series in 2016 and becoming an annual participant in the NCAA baseball tournament. Enjoying Conway’s food and recreation adds to the experience, while Springs Brooks Stadium is definitely a must visit college baseball venue.
Explore Coastal Carolina Baseball
The roots of Coastal Carolina baseball run deep, tracing back to the program’s inception and its journey through the collegiate baseball landscape. Since its early days, the Chanticleers have evolved into a powerhouse, consistently making waves both in the Big South Conference and on the national stage. With each season, Coastal Carolina’s baseball legacy grows, marked by remarkable achievements, elite players, and a tradition of success. For more information on the Chanticleers baseball schedule, click here.
History of Chanticleer Baseball
Established as just a club sport in the late 1970s, Coastal Carolina’s baseball team quickly gained momentum, transitioning to a varsity sport in the late 1070s and then to NCAA Division I status in the 1980s. A pivotal moment in Coastal Carolina baseball’s history came with their move to the Big South Conference in 1983, setting the stage for increased competition and regional recognition. The program’s ascent continued, culminating in their first NCAA Tournament appearance in 1991. Since then, the Chanticleers have become a regular contender on the national stage, capturing attention with remarkable achievements, including their historic College World Series victory in 2016.
Springs Brooks Stadium is the vibrant epicenter of Coastal Carolina University’s baseball passion. As the Chanticleers take the field, the roar of the crowd and the crack of the bat echo the pride and passion that define Coastal Carolina baseball. With modern amenities, comfortable seating and an intimate setting, fans can also enjoy a lively and sometimes rowdy atmosphere.
Explore Great Local Restaurants in Conway
- Rivertown Bistro: Elevate your dining experience at Rivertown Bistro, where innovative cuisine and a sophisticated ambiance converge to provide a culinary journey worth savoring.
- Crafty Rooster: A local gem, Crafty Rooster offers a laid-back atmosphere and a menu featuring mouthwatering burgers, sandwiches, and a diverse selection of craft beers.
- Coppers Restaurant: Indulge in Southern-inspired cuisine at Coppers Restaurant, where hospitality meets culinary excellence. From shrimp and grits to hearty steaks, the menu captures the essence of Lowcountry dining.
- Eggs Up Grill: For a delightful breakfast or brunch experience, Eggs Up Grill is a local favorite. Enjoy a variety of omelets, pancakes, and classic Southern breakfast options.
- Chantis Pizza: Immerse yourself in the flavors of Italy at Chantis Pizza, where delicious pizza creations and a welcoming ambiance make for a delightful dining experience.
Exploring Fun Activities near Conway, SC
- Conway Riverwalk: Stroll along the picturesque Conway Riverwalk, a charming boardwalk that meanders along the Waccamaw River. Enjoy serene views and a relaxing ambiance.
- Waccamaw National Wildlife Refugee: Explore the natural beauty of the region at Waccamaw National Wildlife Refuge, where hiking trails and wildlife observation areas offer a serene escape.
- Downtown Conway: Explore the historic charm of Downtown Conway, featuring quaint shops, boutiques, and a vibrant arts scene that reflects the town’s rich heritage.
- Brookgreen Gardens: Immerse yourself in art and nature at Brookgreen Gardens, a sculpture garden and wildlife preserve that showcases the beauty of the Lowcountry.
- Myrtle Beach: Just a short drive away, Myrtle Beach beckons with its sandy shores, vibrant boardwalk, and a plethora of entertainment options for a day of sun-soaked fun.
Must Visit Coastal Carolina Bars & Nightlife
If you’re looking for a place to pre-game or for a fun night out post-game be sure to check out Crooked Floor Tavern! This is the place to go for a classic college bar experience. They offer a variety of food and drink options and always have different promotions going on.
If you’re looking for a sports bar experience, McFaddens Sports Pub is the place to go. With daily food and drink specials, pool tables, karaoke, and TV’s you’re sure to have a great time.
Another great option for a laid-back vibe is Coastal Ale House. The bar is popular with all generations of customers from students to senior citizens. With Coastal Carolina University only a 1/2 mile away it is a popular student destination. Coastal Ale House has arguably one of the best Happy Hours on the Grand Strand as every kind of drink and every brand of drink is an average of 40% off during Happy Hour.
Explore Myrtle Beach – Less than 25 Minutes Away
Situated on the Atlantic coast of South Carolina, Myrtle Beach is a vibrant city and a popular vacation destination that is just down the road. Serving as the focal point of the Grand Strand, a stretch of 60 miles adorned with beaches, the city is renowned for its golf courses designed by celebrities. The beachfront boardwalk is lined with arcades, souvenir stands, and restaurants, creating a lively atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy attractions such as the nostalgic Family Kingdom amusement park and the SkyWheel, one of the tallest Ferris wheels in the country. With Myrtle Beach only being a 25-minute drive from Coastal Carolina, you’re sure to have a great time and add to your visit.
If you’re looking for a place to stay for your Coastal Carolina visit, be sure to check out CollegeWeekends rentals in Myrtle Beach and Conway!