Panama City Beach, Florida is a popular youth sports tournament and vacation destination known for its stunning beaches, warm weather, and abundance of outdoor activities. Whether you’re traveling with family or friends or in town for a tournament, there’s plenty to see and do in and around this beautiful coastal town. CollegeWeekends also has loads of fantastic listings to accommodate a variety of lodging preferences.
Here are some of the top things to do, places to go, places to eat, and nightlife options in and near Panama City Beach:
Fun activities & places to go:
- Visit the beach: Of course, the number one thing to do in Panama City Beach is to visit the beach. With crystal-clear waters and powdery white sand, it’s no wonder this beach is so popular. You may also want to check out Shell Island: This barrier island offers pristine beaches and clear waters, perfect for snorkeling or just relaxing in the sun or perhaps you may want to take a dolphin watching tour.
- Go fishing: Panama City Beach is home to some of the best fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. From deep-sea fishing charters to pier fishing, there are plenty of options for anglers of all skill levels.
- Visit Gulf World Marine Park: This marine park offers an up-close experience with a variety of marine life, including sea turtles, sharks, stingrays, and dolphins.
- Explore St. Andrews State Park: This amazing outdoor park offers hiking trails, beaches, and camping options for those who want to immerse themselves in nature.
- Go shopping at Pier Park: This outdoor shopping center offers a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Enjoy Shipwreck Island Waterpark: This expansive waterpark offers a variety of water rides and attractions for all ages.
- Explore WonderWorks: This interactive science museum offers a variety of exhibits and activities that are both fun and educational.
- Get your fun on at Coconut Creek Family Fun Park: This family-friendly park offers mini-golf, a ropes course, and other great activities for the whole family.
Great places to eat:
- Firefly: This upscale restaurant offers fresh seafood, steaks, and a variety of other dishes in a romantic, candlelit setting.
- The Back Porch Seafood & Oyster House: This seafood restaurant is known for its fresh oysters and other seafood dishes.
- Thomas Donut & Snack Shop: This local favorite offers delicious donuts, breakfast sandwiches, and coffee.
- Andy’s Flour Power: This bakery and cafe offers a variety of breakfast and lunch options, including sandwiches, salads, and quiches.
- Sharky’s Beachfront Restaurant: This beachfront restaurant offers seafood, sandwiches, and a variety of other dishes in a casual atmosphere.
Fun nightlife options:
- Club La Vela: This nightclub is one of the largest in the country and offers multiple dance floors, live music, and a variety of other entertainment options.
- Tootsies Orchid Lounge: This country-themed bar offers live music and a fun atmosphere.
- Coyote Ugly: This bar offers a fun, rowdy atmosphere with bartenders who dance on the bar.
- The Red Bar: This bar and restaurant offers live music and a variety of drinks in a cozy, intimate setting.
With its beautiful beaches, warm weather, and top-notch facilities, Panama City Beach also attract teams from all over the country for a variety of sports. Here are some of the top youth sports tournaments in Panama City and Panama City Beach:
Top youth sports tournaments & Ironman:
- Grand Slam Baseball Tournaments: This baseball tournament series is held at Frank Brown Park in Panama City Beach and attracts teams from all over the Southeast.
- World Sports League Softball Tournaments: These softball tournaments are held at the Panama City Beach Sports Complex and feature teams from all over the country.
- Gulf Coast Invitational Soccer Tournaments: These soccer tournaments are held at the Panama City Beach Sports Complex and feature teams from all over the Southeast.
- Panama City Beach Blast Volleyball Tournaments: This volleyball tournament series is held at the Panama City Beach Sports Complex and attracts teams from all over the country.
- USSSA Fastpitch Softball Tournaments: These softball tournaments are held at Frank Brown Park in Panama City Beach and attract teams from all over the Southeast.
- Ironman 70.3 Gulf Coast Triathlon: This triathlon is held in Panama City Beach and attracts athletes from all over the world. With a challenging course that includes a 1.2-mile swim, a 56-mile bike ride, and a 13.1-mile run, this event is a great opportunity for triathletes to push themselves to the limit.
Without question, Panama City Beach, Florida offers a variety of fun things to do, places to go, places to eat, and nightlife options for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach or enjoy a fun night or visiting for a tournament, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful coastal town.